Wednesday, February 23, 2011

So, we are back

Six months ago:

A loud bar, lots of beer, Rae, K-Man and V-dude sit, contemplating life and doing mental math to figure out the costs associated with ordering another round of beer, shoving in some whisky and heading home

In the midst of this, K-man gets a wistful look in his eye:

K-Man: Da! I miss this...you guys should move back to Bangalore
Rae: Hahahahaha! Yeah, and you should move to Mumbai while we are at it
K-Man: I am serious...we can sit around and do all the things we used to do before
V-Dude: Small problem...we all have work and lives to get to...(pauses at enquiring look from others)..well, at least the work part is true
Rae: Yeah man, I mean we can't just up and leave
K-Man: Yeah okay....fine...think about it...all I am saying

Cut to 5 months later:

V-Dude: (picking up the phone and dialing): Yo!!! Whaddup?
Monolith: Hey....long time, no hear...what's up...etc..
V-Dude: So..err...guess what..I am moving back to Bangalore
Monolith: Yeah awesome...so how long are you here for this time around? Short visit as always?
V-Dude: Err...no...I am moving back....like for good..like at least a year or so
Monolith: Seriously? Wow...cool
V-Dude: So I will see you soon...catch you in about two weeks

Cut to 5 minutes later:
V-Dude (on the phone): Maccha...I am back in Bangalore, this week
K-Man: For a visit?
V-Dude: No man, I took your advice...I moved back to Bangalore
K-Man: Le Gasp!! You actually listened to me?
V-Dude: Err yeah..now listen, about our blog.....

And this describes the past 6 months of my life...

in sum:

1) V-dude moved back to Bangalore, wider, wiser and definitely not wilder. Also has slightly gotten over fear of cockroaches
2) K-man still remains Verbose Kurien..also wider and now more focussed on writing
3) The monolith has expanded scope of talent
4) Rae sits in Mumbai and comments on blogs which feature her
5) Random Tandem are back

We hope to see you soon. Thank you for choosing to read the Indian Idle. We know you aren't spoilt for choice, and yet chose us..believe me...we appreciate the readership

Now watch this space

2 comments:

Monolith said...

Scope of talent???

Monolith said...

and oh.... welcome back.