Friday, June 23, 2006

Grump's Entry

This one I wrote a good three years ago, when I used to pride myself on being an absolute cynic.




Feel like I am on a streak out here……


Should actually rename myself “The Grump” because I seem to have a problem with every single thing in the world. Hmmm…. In that case just call me grumpy. The world already has “humor” writers, the world already has “serious” writers, and god knows the world has enough “humorously serious writers”. It s time for the rise of a writer who just likes to complain and just that. No healthy sense of humor, no dull reporting or predicting how our country is going to end up in the gutter and definitely no helpful sarcasm or a useful social satire…. The grump is here….and by god here he is going to stay and complain about every single thing in this world. Right enough of an introduction.

This week the grump s anger is rather misdirected. I want to be mad at one thing but have ended up being mad at everything. Be it the stinking, filthy plight of our city, or the attitude of it s citizens? Hell no! the grump is a teenage bastard (not literally, you idiots apologize to mom), frustrated, and pouring out what my therapist (lot he knows, lol) calls healthy angst! A natural expression of his frustrations madam, said he to my mom, no cause for worry… must be in love!! Like I said… lot he knows. Ah well!! That pretty much sealed my plight!! Now my mother thinks I am a lovesick puppy, my dad can t stop giggling to himself and me.. as for me I have to endure speeches which invariably start with, “the youth of today, no decency, spending parents hard earned money” or “in our times,..” yada yada yada.. doesn t matter that “our times” may have been yesterday, or the day before…. I am still worse than what my elders were at that singular point of time. The worst part is such speeches usually end with “ you are grounded”. Hmm seems somethings will never change.


Damn my therapist….. I pay him to help me out…… but seems that the damn useless intellectual can t do anything straight… and has got me in more trouble than I already was in. And to think I wanted to be like him. That’s not the scary part. The scary part is I still want to be a psychiatrist……hmmm has it s advantages. I can tell someone else s mother that their kid is in love. I ll watch him get punished…… here him endure the same speeches I have to go through….. have the same punishments meted out to him. The world will fear me….. crazy dr. they will call me…..they will run away…. Ha ha ha ha ha. They will pay me money, I will tell them things they already know…. Twist around the words…. speak in a higher vocabulary….. they will go home happy…. They will make me rich…… they will I tell you…

Hmmm long live suckers


Makes you wonder doesn’t it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohh..d grump..well since u wrote it at a time wen u were my present age..can almost identify wid d being mad at everything part...i see as of watev lil i knw dat ure not cynical at all nemore..neat!!!but i really hope uve dropped ure plan at being d tyrannical monstrous n crazy psychiatrist...wot if mustansirs dream cums true??tho d part abt minting money mouthing vishnu's dictionary words seems appealing...
p.s its kinda funny weird n nice at d same time to actually read wat 18yr old vishnu wrote...