Friday, June 23, 2006

More Random Mutterings

The commercialization of emotions…this has struck us all in recent times…we blamed it on globalization, then blamed it on the West, saying they have a bad influence on us. Believe me, money has begun governing matters of the heart anywhere, be it Vermont or Vizag. Don’t believe me? Look at love. “Love Will Keep Us Alive” is an embodiment of the new commercial avatar of “Archies And Hallmarks Packaged Sentiment- Love. Warning: May cause people to become stupid”.


For those of you wondering what the hell I am rambling about, sometime back.. on Valentine s day I made a rather sarcastic comment about how love, more than an expression from the heart has become a commercial marketing point. And for those who think that this is a retraction….. ha ha suckers!! Think again!!! I stand by everything I wrote…. It is true…. Ask any boyfriend and he will tell you that his love has cost him… and how…. But that is not important because apparently when you are in love you don t want to worry about increasing costs and instead choose to mask your disappointment and worries with a cheerful mask and a shrug and choose to think how your beloved makes your world go around, and how she is the light of your life. Yeah right… time to throw off the mask of rationalism, my brother. Face the realities… love may be the most exhilarating feeling in the world (obviously you haven t tried dope) and may give you an ecstatic feeling (seriously, try dope.. way cheaper), but it is also the most expensive thing in this world. Take all the money lovers have spent on each other, club it together, and one whole country will have enough to buy jaguar cars for every citizen. It s another point that that country might be Vatican City but you get what I am saying.


You may come at me again with knives and guns baying for my blood… love is good, I hear you say….. you poor misguided soul….. really I pity you. While you and your love are going around whispering sweet nothings and saying “I love you” s to each other……somewhere someone is going “ another sucker. All the world loves a lover, especially the sellers of love”. Never has the song “Love will keep us alive” had more meaning than in the present times…… think about it….love will be the biggest expenditure everyone of us will incur during our lifetime….ponder carefully…. And then threaten to slit my throat


Makes you wonder doesn t it???

Happy Thinking

V

2 comments:

Gutterflower said...

This is SO familiar. Okay right you sent it to me I think. Still good. =)

Anonymous said...

doesn make me think!!! it is the point which i acknowledge..afterall i m the royal stag