Friday, June 23, 2006

Slump period...surprisingly inspirational

This one was written during a sort of slump..bored, tired, and surprisingly inspired, I undertook this task of writing, and I leave it now, for you, dear reader, to applaud or rubbish, as you see fit.


Well, back again for some random ramblings. Life’s thrown challenges, made some friends, realized that some others are just idiots, learnt to abuse in the vernacular, saw the first of my works published in an actual legitimate publication of sorts. Rather proud of it, although a lot of the women who read it weren’t exactly too pleased about it, and as a result I have just escaped being castrated, or suffering some more horrible fate, which was being planned for me. And that was just today. Note to self- must keep the Axe effect down to a minimal. Not talking about the deodorant. Just making sure I avoid someone who wants to bury the hatchet, I mean literally. Quite a number of happenings that have been going on, most interesting, bordering on the bizarre, but then again the bizarre is routine.


Personal triumphs, as well as unreachable depths in terms of sorrow, all reached within a week, gotten over with in another week, came to terms that “usage” is still quite prevalent everywhere, college atmospheres being the most, and this time gender role reversals took place. Feel quite the pioneer, really do. Contemplating nirvana, attainment of it actually. But then again, nirvana would seem rather boring in my context. Working on altering facial structures and expressions which would perhaps convey either being totally unconcerned, horribly impressed, so as to not being able to express exactly what to show, or that I am horribly constipated. All subject to interpretation. Creativity given a free hand, but curtailed due to rather disturbing idealistic reasons, laziness being the foremost. Lifestyle changes minimalistic, changes in thought processes, maximalistic, increase in amount of words made up, drastic. Contemplating making my own dictionary. Number of users- none. Wouldn’t use it myself. Consider idea abandoned.


Love life, let’s not get into that. Too many weird happenings in that area, “dow-jones indices” ascending and plummeting with alarming alacrity. Scary. Very scary. Hailed as a dude and a Casanova in the same breath. Feelings, not building up to crushes, hallmarks of recent times, hairless gentlemen, ex-boyfriends, and the unclear hairstyle all characters in the stories of the women who find mention in my story.


Inspiration eludes me currently, again the matter subject to interpretation. But this current state of mind I am in, quite refreshing, not to mention relaxing. Me, the stars outside my window, the rain falling gently, a steaming pot of coffee, and my thoughts keeping the Lord Of The Flies company. Stars twinkling, making a poet out of me. Not really, quite a utopian ideal that. But stars and the heavens above me, just me and my coffee, and perhaps some inspiration soon.


Cigarettes and curd anyone?

No kabir, no more fillies

5 comments:

Arjun Sharma said...

Why would you want curds with cigarettes? Something ominous this way comes.

The Wannabe Writer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Wannabe Writer said...

Cigarettes and curds refers to the times in Mumbai when I'd go to this place called K Rustom's and have their version of Mishti Dohi, essentially sugar and curds...combine that with a classic mild and you have quite a recipe sir.

Anonymous said...

May be an odd man out of this blog, i use english that can be understood by all... mmmm... dude im here to just to give a compliment... excellent blog.. and i know when its urs.. all would be great... i had read many of the postings.. very good!... and i now still miss u a lot... also miss those days in half trousers...
urs friend...

Arjun Sharma said...

I also am missing you, friends. Please to you are writing something, now that your exams are also over. I am humbly requesting. A thousand apologies.