Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Year End Article (Couldn't Resist) - K

(An article by K in the lines of similar articles by V-Dude and the Monolith, fellow writers; in keeping with the accepted formats used thereof. Michael Caine.)
Strange. It’s the Year End. And everyone’s writing about it. "Me too! Me too!" screams my pen, and I oblige. Noblesse and all that.

Wonder what this year was the year of. The Buffalo? The Yellow Lizard? The Morbid Hippopotamus? Whatever it is, it is
Over.
I’ve lived another three hundred and sixty five days. I’ve seen sunshine and rain, whisky and vodka (and have served them too). I have seen palm leaves casting wriggling shadows on broken panes of glass. I have seen purple and red strobes of lights caressing the dust on an empty stage. I have had water poured on me for another man’s whim; I have seen men cackling over the wanton killing of a Jedi Master when in the guise of an Engineer (all that for a shotgun :-) !!); men laughing over a game of Uno with steaming cups of black coffee at three in the morning.
I have made many successful DVD conquests, and for that I thank my fellow Conquistadoré. (You great!!!)

I have basked in the sunshine of a woman’s love for over one and three quarters of a year. I thank her for that.

Resolutions? I didn’t make any last year, so I have broken none. this year too shall be the same. Safer for me.

I am also grateful to the friends I have made, to the worlds they have opened up for me, to the realities I have seen through their eyes.

It is with an aching in my heart that I mourn the passing of another year, but it is with some semblance of joy that I welcome a new one.

All ye who shall go home for the holidays, enjoy thyselves (and I look forward to meeting thee upon thy return). All ye who shall accompany me in final exams in December (starting on Christmas Eve), here’s a sincere wish that we may all come through unscathed.

Cheers.
Live well.

K.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, THEN!

Monolith... said...

YOU TOO!!! COPYCAT!!! and happy holidays and exams and all that rot. Michael Caine!

Anonymous said...

[Anonymous] THANK YOU!

[Monolith...] O but we exist to follow in thy shining footsteps, O my Master! And so, since you are such a great man, you have decided that you need an extra '...', hey??? Okay. 'Appy 'Ols to you too!!!

Monolith... said...

Uhhh...thank you..i suppose! and an extra what??

by the way...anonymous is Rae.

Arjun Sharma said...

Very nice. You great!! Only you possible!

Men(?) playing Uno at three in the morning? Who, when, where, why?

Arjun Sharma said...

And exams. I don't know, man, it was fun. I mean, now, I have my own money for DVDs, true(he he..). But exams and all that was much better. Somehow, now, I have 'responsibility' and stuff. At work, I mean, not at home.

Eno, ella aa Paramatmana krupakataksha, kanayya.

Monolith... said...

Just to let you know that my blog URL is now http://www.kbzcorner.blogspot.com/

therapy said...

i'm sorry you know, about the water...

I'm going to kill him someday.

have a great new year:)

Anonymous said...

[Therapy] No probs... Seemed like a nice line to write... :)