Saturday, December 23, 2006

YULETIDE me over

This post is by V
Seriously, it's just me!!!!

Greetings. It's been a mixed bag of feelings so far. I am back home, something I have been eagerly awaiting since weeks. I've met friends, well-meaning relatives who made not-so-discreet whispers to my mum about how thin I have become, I've hung out with my parents and realized that they aren't so bad provided I don't live with them 24/7 and managed to get some good writing done. Sounds like fun eh??

And yet, not surprisingly, I manage to find myself in what the Monolith appropriately terms a "Funk". Ingredients:

1) More mood swings than before

2) Long periods of Silence

3) Just a dash of pensiveness

4) Long Solitary walks

5) Self-conversations for that extra blah!!!


Volia!!!! The perfect funk!! Serves one round of depression.
Warning: Excessive indulgence may lead to prolonged loneliness!!!!!

Jokes aside, I found myself turning increasingly to my oldest confidante, the sea. All around me, the season of merriment continues in full swing. The roads are decorated with fake snow, Santa Clauses are "Ho Ho Ho'ing at every street corner, boughs of holly deck every hall and Jingle bells are ringing everywhere. Yuletide spirit has replaced the traditional pollution. However, with my mood being the way it was, I thought I'd be spending the holiday spouting "BAH!! HUMBUG!!" at anyone who even dared think the words "Merry Christmas!"

It all changed two days ago. I was on one of my solitary walks at night when I heard a group of carol singers singing songs that reminded me of school days and the accompanying innocence. Louder and louder the music grew, as I stood entranced to the spot. And then, my personal Christmas miracle happened. Without my knowledge, my lips had started singing and my feet had started tapping.....

"....and then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say,
"Rudolph with your nose so bright,
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?...."

It made for an odd symphony, a bunch of carol singers on one side, and a solitary figure on the other. But we still sang on, and then some more. At the end of it, we crossed paths and smiled greetings to each other and just being merry. As I returned home, I suddenly found my heart a lot lighter than when I had left.

My life may not exactly be rosy, but I think I'll get back to the gloom on tuesday. After all, there'll be no sad faces on Christmas.

So, "HO HO HO, and a pound of Fruitcake!!"

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!

V

8 comments:

Monolith... said...

Bah. Humbug.

Anonymous said...

Nice. I think you think too much. I think may be u like thinking too much...

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRITMAS vishnu!i agree u overthink,just da way i do.

may life be all rosy!

Rae said...

Ho! Ho! HO! Whatever makes you happy!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Monolith... said...

I want to say something but it would be politically incorrect!!

Ah what the hell!!

All the "Hoes" seem to like your writing!!! ;)

the stygian sailor said...

merry christmas my arse!
hutch decided to give me a superb gift..
motherf***ers withdrew my free msging and now all my msgs cost 1 re. and calls .99ps

Velvetta said...

If only it were rosy for all durin the season! Lucky you though...
Hutch deserves the old cock-screw treatment. Bloody, playin Ebenezer Scrooge this Xmas!

You have a jolly good year!

Anonymous said...

of course...vishnu...another thing i know about him now...he thinks toooo much......but either ways..ure still intriguing...haha..cheers...