Thursday, December 14, 2006

Yahoo!!! The Year End is here

This is a post by V
Seriously, it's only Me!!!

I borrowed the idea for this post from the Monolith. I hope he does forgive me!!!

This is the first full year I have spent away from home for a long, long time, and I'm sure people are sick of my constant complaints of homesickness. So am I. So this post is not to say how homesick I have been, or will continue to be until I return home for good. Instead, this is a sort of "This is your life" segment in retrospect.

This year has been interesting. To be quite frank, it didn't start all that great, and hasn't improved tremendously, but it's gone by. Hence, perhaps the jubilation that the year is finally ending. Also, I look back and realise that I haven't learnt much from the things I have done. I probably will still go about making the same old mistakes again and again. So, all in all, 2006 is over...there is some amount of gladness, but pretty much a huge feeling of relief. The relief stems from the fact that I can clean out my slate for this year and start with a brand new piece of chalk and a blank slate to fill with next year's experiences.

However, I have learnt certain things..most of them eye opening...

I learnt that I'm not the only person who hates people butting into their lives.

I learnt that nice guys do indeed finish last. I also realised that I can't be anything but that.

I learnt that I may have my issues and my imperfections and faults. I also realised that I'd be bored if I were anybody else.

I learnt that you can't always shut out your heart. It will find it's way into the picture sooner or later and try and dominate your life.

I also learnt how not to let it do too much of that. Heh.

I learnt that I'm not that great an actor, but I still do enjoy being on stage..or atleast I used to.

I learnt that life doesn't stop because I am upset. Suck it up and get going. That's my new motto!!

I also had the good fortune of finding out what several people actually thought about me. It's good to know the truth, no matter how bitter.

Watching movies alone is not a bad thing at all!!

Each day gone is another day closer to departure. The countdown has begun!!

I've learnt that older friends, once they get rid of their parent views about me, are really the coolest friends you can every have. Monolith, Therapy, Rae and Thinkpotty, this one's aimed at you.

I really do have the best of both worlds in several ways.

My life really doesn't suck as much as it does. It still sucks, but not that much.

Falling in love, at ANY age, is still a lot easier than falling out of it. Comforting to know that my troubles aren't age-specific.

Sometimes. books can be better company than human beings.

There will always be tomorrows, and tomorrow will always bring a promise of something new. Just as one year ends, there will be another one beginning. There's still time for me to do all the things I want to do before I become one among the millions who travel along the same routine path. There's more challenges and more adventures...newer people to meet and swap embarassing stories with....better places to visit....and most importantly, more chances to follow my heart and hope that it will stick with me this time around.

There's a whole new bunch of stuff waiting for me. Any wonder why I love this time of the year??

The chill is in the air, but so's the spirit of cheer and good old fashioned hope. Drink it in my friends. Drink it in.

In Advance

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

V

9 comments:

Monolith... said...

COPYCAT!!!!

Monolith... said...

Enjoy your trip home.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Happy new year to you, too. P.S: can we leave the transaction analysis at uni?

Have fun at home!

Arjun Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arjun Sharma said...

Why the "Nice guys do indeed finish last" realization?

Happy journey and a happy new year in advance.

the stygian sailor said...

cheers
more beer to your belly!

Monolith... said...

Hmmm...the stygian sailor is kind of repetitive with his comments?? what say?? anyways...BLOG more!!!

therapy said...

you're too cute too not feel parenty towards.

one step closer to departure. remind me to smack you the next time i see you.

when are you back?

happy happy holidays.

the stygian sailor said...

to monolith: repetition is reiteration man!